9:00am - 12:30pm Wednesday 25 March, 2020
International Chamber House | Level 5 - 121 Exhibition Street, Melbourne
Mia is partnering with SAP and the German-Australian Chamber of Industry and Commerce to deliver an exclusive workshop tailored for international businesses interested in growing or establishing themselves as a Victorian Government supplier.
Governments understand there is great value in working with international firms. For one thing, international businesses often introduce product and process innovations into Australia, as well as represent best-of-breed solutions. Further, the government can leverage such engagements to transfer global knowledge and expertise to local businesses, which in turn increases local sustainability and capability.
With this in mind, it’s important that international businesses understand how to meet local government processes, objectives and sector development policy requirements. By understanding and embracing these processes and policies you can add value to your bid.
This half-day workshop on ‘how to win government business and leverage opportunities’ will focus on enabling international businesses to work with the Victorian Government.
It will provide an overview of important Victorian Government policies – including local content, social procurement and other sector development policies – and what international businesses can do to meet them as suppliers. The workshop will also equip participants with the ability to identify, generate and leverage business opportunities presented by the Victorian Government, through effective engagement and bidding practices.
Mia’s approach is founded on teaching businesses how to understand government’s objectives and processes, how to work within government’s probity and compliance-driven environment, and how to market your business in a way that is meaningful to government.
For this exclusive workshop, hosted by the German-Australian Chamber of Industry and Commerce, we’ll be joined by SAP Australia, a company headquartered in Germany that has experienced great success with the Australian public sector. SAP will share experiences and insights into growing a sustainable government business operation.
Topics covered – How to win government business
- Identification of business opportunities in the public sector, primarily the Victorian Government
- Places to look for relevant opportunities, e.g. pre-qualification registers
- Responding to Victorian Government tenders
- Important Victorian Government policies – including local content, social procurement and other sector development policies
- Product and service description and how to market them effectively to the public sector
- Understanding your value proposition and customer service, and how to differentiate your business from others to be considered
- To bid or not to bid for a tender
Who should attend?
- Business interested in engaging with the Victorian Government and its agencies
- Businesses seeking to grow their business into the public sector
- Business that already engage with the public sector and wish to learn more